I thought it would be a fun challenge to do a collection of posts on decorating. Not whole room renovations mind you, but rather smaller, more manageable projects. First up will be a bunch of ideas for decorating fireplace mantels. So…check back as I’ll be posting a new mantel arrangement each week. I hope these will provide lots of inspiration.
Fireplace Mantel Idea #2- Be A Kid
Two vintage school posters are the impetus for the playful decorating of this child’s bedroom fireplace. The mantel shelf can house a rotating display of toys, books & pictures. Chalkboard paint is my solution to what was once the opening of the fireplace.
1. School posters
2. Carved dog bookends c. 1920
3. & 4. Florist frogs are great for displaying photos or holding a single flower stem in place
5. Vintage alarm clock
6. Collection of letterpress wood type
7. Child’s juice glass c. 1950
8. Reproduction antique truck
9. Metal monkey toy that moves up and down on a string c. 1900
10. Chalkboard paint can be purchased at Home Depot
The old school desk was picked up at a sale for my son Curtis when he was three years old. Those are his rubber boots, too.
Here’s a peek at next week’s mantel!
(Styling & Photos- Martha B.)
Related Nibs posts-
Decorating@Nibs- Fireplace Mantel #1
KidFile #18: Bedroom Ideas From 1955