Then- Farm animals, especially cows, have always been popular subjects for artwork. You can still find dozens of antique paintings on eBay and other online auctions. Prices will vary from under a $100 into the thousands. (Cow oil painting currently on eBay, cow painting from One Kings Lane and Tansey’s fun cow print is available here.)
#31- Biography. ‘The Fabulous Bouvier Sisters’ by Sam Kashner & Nancy Schoenberger, 2018.
“…The beautiful Bouvier girls- Jacqueline Lee and Caroline Lee- were bred to dazzle…”
“The great irony of their lives is that fate handed shy, introverted Jackie a role on the world stage- for much of her adult lifetime she was arguably the most famous and admired woman in the world- and Lee, who longed to shine was handed the lesser role of lady-in-waiting…”
- ‘The Way We Live In The country’ by Stafford Cliff & Gilles De Chabaneix, 2011. A favorite of mine. The first chapter has a pictorial overview of life in the country from various parts of the world. Other chapters focus on the country home itself whether it be traditional or contemporary.
- ‘Living In The Countryside’ by Barbara & René Stoeltie, 2003. A tome that covers country decorating in Europe and America at its very best
- ‘A Simpler Way Of Life‘ by William Morgan & Trevor Tondro, 2013. After living in Massachusetts and attending college in New York, I’ve been captivated by the old architecture of the northeast ever since.
- ‘Country Style’ by Judith & Martin Miller, 1990. An oldie but goodie.
- ‘Nora Murphy’s Country House Style‘ by Nora Murphy, 2018. The newest book in my collection. It’s a true testament that country style endures.
#1. Painted portrait c. 1800-1860
#2. Round magnifying glass held by ribbon
#4. Postcard- artwork by Degas 1876
#5. Antique initialed wood box
#7. Vintage 8″ artist model
#8. Old books
#9. Silhouette of shipbuilder c. 1790
#10. Italian alabaster stone peach
(Photo- Martha Browne)