I enjoy what’s new in fashion, but I have to admit I wouldn’t wear a lot of it. Why? My heart belongs to the classics. They’re like old friends- dependable, made to last and more forgiving of my flaws!
Here are five favorites-
1. The perfect trench coat can be worn with anything including jeans. (coat- Paul Smith)
2. Replace solids and stripes with a retro printed patterned shirt. (shirt- Marilyn Moore)
3. A pair of comfortable suspender pants. (pants- Old Town)
4. There’s nothing like a handknit wool cardigan! (sweater- Make & Mend)
5. And last but not least, brown leather brogues. (shoes- Russell & Bromely)
(Photos by Craig Fordham for British Country Living Magazine)