…’Miss Violet’s Doll’s House‘ By Sam McKechnie, 2017.
After the summer’s photo exhibit, I ended up with quite a few extra prints including these of my niece’s daughter. Instead of letting them languish in a drawer, I decided to reuse them. A trip to Hobby Lobby yielded some card stock & envelopes, holiday stickers and a glue stick. A half hour later I had this year’s Christmas cards.
(Photo- Martha Browne)
Colored glass ornaments from Terrain.
Pottery Barn ‘good night’ & ‘sleep tight’ pillowcases.
- Take a ball of yarn and begin wrapping strands around a piece of cardboard or book. For a brooch keep the size small…no bigger than five inches. After achieving the desired thickness, cut from the ball.
- At the top of the cardboard slip a strand underneath the yarn. Tie it off. Remove the cardboard. To create the head you measure down. Take another strand and tie it off.
- Place yarn on both sides for the arms. Use strands to tie each one. Cut ends.
- Another strand tied makes the torso.
- As you did with the arms, place yarn on both sides for legs, then tie and cut. Lastly attach a safety pin to the back.
Terrain flower made of metal and glass beads.