I find it interesting to evaluate projects over the course of a year. Some came out well and got posted. Others…not so well. They ended up in the reject file. But whether the projects pass or fail, I always learn from them.
A few projects I loved doing this past year and my goals for 2015:
1. This past year I managed to find an old fireplace mantel in upstate New York. And for months, I indulged myself with all kinds of fun, colorful ideas using it. Goal for 2015- A collection of simple mantel displays that don’t require tearing up my whole house for props.
2. This past year I finally pushed the button and went public with my photography blog ‘Louped.’ It’s been a work in progress both technically and creatively. Goal for 2015- Travel and see new places/ people through the camera lens.
3. This past year I spent time researching photographers’ work that inspired me. Kayla was willing to pose based on a Eudora Welty’s image. Goal for 2015- Use other inspirations as a spring board for my own work.
4. This past year I photographed and styled several fashion shoots using friends like Hillary. Goal for 2015- I’d like to squeeze in a few more of these.
5. This past year was number 8 for my blog Nibs. I can’t believe I’m still actively writing and photographing here. Goal for 2015- Continue to experiment and do the best work I can despite the risk of failure. Most importantly…relax and enjoy where the artistic journey takes me.
Here’s a (belated) toast to a new year on Nibs. I hope you’ll join me.