Other countries can provide such wonderful inspiration for interiors. I loved the idea of doing a mantel design with a nod towards Sweden. My immediate thought was of Carl Larsson and the home he and his wife Karin created. Of course, I always like to mix in things to make it my own. And I encourage you to do the same. :)
Fireplace Mantel #23- A Swedish Holiday
1. Prime/paint walls Benjamin Moore Fresh Peach #060.
2. Prime/paint baseboard and fireplace mantel Benjamin Moore China White.
3. Prime/paint detail molding Benjamin Moore green #434.
4. On the mantel- Framed print c. 1700s, old photo, brass candlesticks with candles, fresh tulips in a glass vase and lots of garden bulbs.
5. Other- Antique candle holders, framed botanical prints, Steiff teddy bear, wooden shoes (from Margot), family heirloom table, vintage cross stitch tablecloth, D.I.Y. chair cover, gingerbread cookies with checked ribbon, rug and log print fabric (check Ikea for availability).
(Photos & Styling- © 2014 Martha Browne)
Related Nibs posts-