What a stroke of luck! Just when I thought I was done with the series on fireplace mantels I got a call from the homeowners letting me back into their place for a few weeks. So…I put the ideas for place settings on hold and picked up where I left off in early June.
Fireplace Mantel #16- Toile de Jouy
One of my favorite fabrics is traditional Toile de Jouy. This is the type of print that can do it all- from walls to bed to furniture. For this display I even made a Toile mantel skirt highlighted by black ribbon.
1. Classic Toile de Jouy fabric from Joann’s
2. Eighteenth century print in the original frame
3. Glass urns filled to the brim with hydrangea
4. Staffordshire ceramic spaniels c. 1880-90 (these are my grandmother’s)
6. This is the very same chair that appeared in my first mantel idea…only now it’s hidden beneath a Toile slipcover.
The hatbox is antique whereas the hat is a reproduction.
(Styling & photos- Martha B.)
Related Nibs post-