What a stroke of luck! Just when I thought I was done with the series on fireplace mantels I got a call from the homeowners letting me back into their place for a few weeks. So…I put the ideas for place settings on hold and picked up where I left off in early June.
Fireplace Mantel #14- Retro Christmas
The basis for this mantle design started when I saw these glass globes at West Elm. I couldn’t help but envision them as small dioramas showing winter scenes. I bought two…
…and filled them with sugar snow, HO scaled model pine trees, deer & figures. After that the rest of the display fell into place.
1. Fabric wallcovering (similar at Joann’s)
2. Vintage set of deer antlers is affixed to a wooden plaque.
3. Collection of Christmas cards c. 1930-1940
4. Old glass ornaments are from my husband’s family.
5. I bought this lone antler from a shop in New York state.
6. Container Store solid blue wrapping paper & red ribbon
9. West Elm also had a bunch of these garlands for sale. They look a lot like a paper chain but they’re actually made of wood shavings. Unfortunately, they’re sold out online. Check individual stores to see if they have any left.
The stool is from Ikea.
A peek at next week’s mantel!
(Styling & Photos- Martha B.)
Related Nibs posts-