Last week I got word that the homeowners wanted back into their place and I’d have to remove my stuff from the room I was using to photograph this mantel series. I was disappointed since I had planned to do six more. Oh well…it was fun while it lasted.
Fireplace Mantel #12– Christmas In The Pine Tree State
I pared down to just a few objects for this Christmas display but made sure they were all interesting and/or had plenty of texture. By the way, if you’re wondering what the pine tree state is…it’s Maine. :)
1. Fabric wallcovering has the look of burlap
2. Large pine cone wreath
3. Vintage tourist plate from Maine
4. & 5. Brass holders with candles resembling tree branches
6. Plaid fabric sample hung by curtain rings (this idea came from a short article on wool textiles in World of Interiors Magazine)
7. Antique woven chair
8. I bought the Christmas pine tree on sale at Crate & Barrel. The ornaments I made from old photographs, scanned onto cardstock and then glued to stained embroidery hoops.
A peek at a new series- place settings!
Related Nibs post–