I thought it would be a fun challenge to do a collection of posts on decorating. Not whole room renovations mind you, but rather smaller, more manageable projects. First up will be a bunch of ideas for decorating fireplace mantels. So…check back as I’ll be posting a new mantel arrangement each week. I hope these will provide lots of inspiration.
Fireplace Mantel Idea #9- Dedicated to Mom
A bit of ad hoc design- I took the top part of an antique dental cabinet, flipped it and placed it on the fireplace mantel. What would have been the mid section of the cabinet now provides a shelf for kitchen crockery.
1. Reprint of a 1970’s fabric is used on the walls & lamp shade cover
2. Dental cabinet c. 1900
3. White container is filled with old/ new wooden utensils
4. & 7. Rooster and mug- Anthropologie
5. Glass storage jars- Pier 1 Imports
6. Hanging plate- Conran Shop
8. Antique rug beater
9. & 10. Old chestnut wood table and chairs were bought years ago at a favorite store that has since closed. The owner told me ebay put him out of business.
11. Rustic white plates from Crate & Barrel with vintage glassware
12. Russel Wright sugar/creamer
Note- More to come…I’m planning another nine fireplace mantels including some for Christmas. Click image to enlarge.
(Styling & photos- Martha B.)
Related Nibs post-