I thought it would be a fun challenge to do a collection of posts on decorating. Not whole room renovations mind you, but rather smaller, more manageable projects. First up will be a bunch of ideas for decorating fireplace mantels. So…check back as I’ll be posting a new mantel arrangement each week. I hope these will provide lots of inspiration.
Fireplace Mantel Idea #7- In The Pink
Pink, long associated with a little girl’s bedroom, makes a surprising and vibrant backdrop for a few, select items on this fireplace mantel.
1. Pink wall covering is bordered in Micheal’s Craft Store ribbon (brown with pink stitches)
2. Paper lantern from Pier 1 Imports
3. White craft paper attached to the shelf edge
5. Vintage drawing c. 1900
6. Old frame has carved leaves in the corners
7. Book & pink framed reading glasses
8. Faux bois vase by artist Sherry Olsen
9. Gun metal bird feet
The antique wood table holds a stack of my favorite magazine- The World of Interiors.
A peek at next week’s mantel!
(Styling & photos- Martha B.)
Related Nibs posts-
StyleFile #47: Think Pink For Decorating