I thought it would be a fun challenge to do a collection of posts on decorating. Not whole room renovations mind you, but rather smaller, more manageable projects. First up will be a bunch of ideas for decorating fireplace mantels. So…check back as I’ll be posting a new mantel arrangement each week. I hope these will provide lots of inspiration.
Fireplace Mantel Idea #3- Desk Set
You can re-purpose an unused fireplace by making it the backdrop for a desk. The mantel shelf gives storage for stacks of books and a great place for a clip-on lamp. Notice how your eye moves from the two vintage metal globes down to the larger school model- this reinforces the connection between the shelf and the desk.
1. Old maps cover the walls.
2. You can never have too many books!
3. Letterpress wood type ‘C’
4. & #9. Globe collection
5. & 6. Empty wood frames with vintage snapshot
7. Old postcards and letters
8. Square alarm clock
10. Clip-on lamp from Ikea
11. Remington Portable Typewriter c. 1925
12. Anthropologie mug as pencil/pen holder
The desk and chair are Craftsman style antiques.
Here’s a peek at next week’s mantel!
(Styling & Photos– Martha B.)
Related Nibs post-