1. Irving Penn’s portrait of a Hippie Family, 1967 (‘Irving Penn‘ by John Szarkowski)
2. Peace carved ring- Moss Pop
3. Leather coin purse- Balenciaga (Another option is this one in dark brown)
4. The Moosewood Cookbook (new version)- Barnes & Noble
5. Cotton pants with tribal print waistband- Soul Flower
6. Animal bed linens based on traditional patterns from Mexico- Land of Nod
7. Bentwood rocker- 1st Dibs
8. Macrame wall hanging- Thrifted and Made on Etsy
Related Nibs posts-
Wish List- The Country Girl
Fashion Character- The Nouveau Hippie
1. Portrait of Sandra Bennett, 1980 by Richard Avedon (‘In the American West‘)
2. Woven jute rug- Pottery Barn
3. Wood dominoes- Etsy
4. Log cabin dollhouse- Antique
5. Red wool mittens on a string- Jo Gordon
6. Throw size quilt- Jess Brown
7. Flower Arranging 101- class offered by Chelsea Fuss
8. Peppermint candy cane- Hammond’s
Related Nibs post-
Fashion Character- The Country Girl
Need a quick vase for a Christmas table display or fireplace mantel?
These logs are actually metal cans from the Container Store. Simply remove lids and add some water. Create an arrangement of holiday greens- pine, holly, winter berry, etc.
(Styling & Photo- © 2013 Martha Browne)
Note- Another idea is to skip the greens and use all white or red tulips.
I love topiaries, don’t you? Of course they require a bit more care than normal houseplants, but their simple yet striking appearance is worth it.
(Photo- James Merrell)
An old, tarnished trophy (from this place) makes an interesting vase for my arrangement of garden Anemone.
(Photo- © 2013 Martha Browne)
A beautiful, subtle display using a piece of embroidered cloth as the mantel backdrop for pumpkins, gourds and wheat. One large pumpkin on straw fills the firebox.
(Photo- Tim Street-Porter for the book ‘Rooms to Inspire in the Country‘)
Wallpaper by Marthe Armitage.
(Photo- Andrew Montgomery for Gardens Illustrated Magazine)
A beautiful hand-cast leaf to use inside the home (tabletop centerpiece) or outside in the garden (birdbath). Available at Terrain.