(iPhone 5c image- © 2014 Martha Browne)
I was disappointed to learn that Crate & Barrel stopped selling their ‘Classic Century’ dinnerware by Eva Zeisel. By the time I got to a local store, most of the pieces had sold out except for a single gravy boat. It was too nice to pass up. But I nixed the idea of using it for gravy and filled it with holiday candy instead. Come Spring I’ll have something else in it. Stay tuned. :)
(Photo- © 2014 Martha Browne)
Related Nibs post-
Repurpose- Paper Table Runner
Updated 4/2014- My gravy boat is now filled with Spring Pansies!
Here’s wishing you a lovely Christmas…
…and a happy New Year!
Posting will resume January 15, 2014.
(Vintage postcards from my collection)
A mix of scented pines and white Gardenias is made into this beautiful corsage.
(Photo- Moon Canyon Design Co.)
This project is pulled from the wonderful book ‘Christmas Decorations.’ Instructions are as followed with a few tweaks of my own. ( * )
Materials: Leaves (* Press in books and later paint some of them gold), berries, cinnamon sticks, nuts in their shells, dried apple rings and other decorative fruits, etc. Lengths of ribbon or flat tape. (* Martha Stewart’s gold thread is perfect.)
1. Cut a tiny slot through each dried leaf near an edge. Put thread through the holes then knot in place. You can also glue leaves flat to ribbon. (* Use a glue gun.)
2. Tie tiny bundles of cinnamon together and tie to thread/ribbon. Wrap nuts and pine cones in a similar way.
3. Cut apples into 1/4″ rings (* Quick Dry Method- Immerse rings into lemon juice for 3-5 minutes. Pat dry with paper towels. Cover cookie sheet with parchment paper and place rings on top. Put in an oven set at low temperature…150 degrees…for two hours. Flip rings over and leave for another hour.) Hang apple rings onto the thread/ribbon and then knot securely.
(Styling & Photo- © 2013 Martha Browne)
Related Nibs post-
Prepping For Christmas
1. Portrait of Leonor Fini in a Victorian blouse (similar)
2. Folded straw hat- Jennifer Ouellette
3. Garden twig structure- Susan Perrine
4. Book wallet- Yoda Hidemi
5. Watch necklace- Sonja Nuttall
6. Blue velvet chair- Rachel Ashwell
7. Cow parsley and butterfly wallpaper- Vanessa Arbuthnott
Related Nibs posts-
Wish Lists- The Nouveau Hippie, The Country Girl
Fashion Character- The Romantic