I thought it would be a fun challenge to do a collection of posts on decorating. Not whole room renovations mind you, but rather smaller, more manageable projects. First up will be a bunch of ideas for decorating fireplace mantels. So…check back as I’ll be posting a new mantel arrangement each week. I hope these will provide lots of inspiration.
Fireplace Mantel Idea #4- Eat, Drink And Be Merry
One of the best ways to decorate a mantel is with a personal collection. Here my stash of red & white enamelware is perfect for displaying and dictating the color scheme.
1. Some great kitchens are red!
2. ‘Eat, Drink And Be Merry’ print is actually old wrapping paper from The Conran Shop that’s been dry-mounted onto foam core.
3. Enamelware c. 1930
4. Micheal’s Craft Store ribbon (red with white stitches) highlights the mantel shelf
5. Antique cloth covered cord & socket light fixture
6. Butcher block cart (similar at kitchen supply stores)
Here’s a peek at next week’s mantel!
(Styling & Photos- Martha B.)
Related Nibs post-
Decorating@Nibs- Fireplace Mantels Series