Here’s the last Halloween costume from my list of past favorites- a giant diet Pepsi Soda Can!
1. Purchase a Sonotube- this is used for cement footings- find them at Lowe’s or Home Depot. You’ll have to cut it to size with a knife.
2. Decide on your design and then draw it lightly on the tube.
3. I used regular acrylic paints.
5. Bind the edges with silver electrical tape.
6. Punch four holes (two front, two back) and use rope or string to create ‘suspenders.’
7. The large straw is simply a empty wrapping paper tube wound with blue painter’s tape.
Another option would be to make a Campbell’s soup can ala Andy Warhol!
Note to parents: Make sure child is tall enough to wear this as stairs can pose a problem.
(Photo- Martha B.)